Saturday 16 May 2015

Don't judge a book by its cover

Hello everyone,
           A little bit of a different post today but just now I have just read this article https://uk.news.yahoo.com/family-autistic-daughter-forced-off-plane-095243584.html?vp=1#eixTbFP. It is one that talks about a family with an autistic daughter being kicked off a plane.

I wanted to write this blog post because it is something that I feel quite strongly about as I do have some family members who have this, one of these includes my brother. If you aren't sure as to what autism is, it is a mental illness that affects social skills mainly. I am not completely sure of the actual definition so if you want to know more then I will link a site at the end of the blog post for you to give a read.

I don't really know what I want to write but then I thought that I would because as I've said it is something I feel passionate about although I did want to say that I didn't think that it was fair at all because I know that if my brother was kicked off a plane I would be furious. A common misconception is that autism is just another way of saying 'naughty child' that is so not true! Yes, autistic children do misbehave a lot but they can't help it and it is nothing at all to do with bad parenting or a rough childhood.

I guess the main point of this is just to say don't judge a book by its cover, just because someone looks 'normal' it doesn't mean that they aren't mentally ill and have autism or some other mental illness that doesn't effect there appearance. Get to know someone before you make a decision on weather you like them or if they are a troublemaker so to speak.

I know that this is not really what I would normally post but I read this earlier on and wanted to share my opinion on this because it is something that is close to me  and I believe strongly that everyone else should be made more aware about things like this.

 Here are some links that I said I would link for you to read if you want to learn more about autism.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Autistic-spectrum-disorder/Pages/Introduction.aspx
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/autism
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

Alrighty, thank you for reading this and I will post another blog again soon .
goodbye,
Makeup Wonderland x

No comments:

Post a Comment