Monday 11 May 2015

April favorites!

Hi everyone, 
           As it is near the start of May I thought I would tell you about all the things I have been loving this past month. 

-Rimmel london scandaleyes gel eyeliner, 002 brown, £6.99 - The first thing is my new eye liner. I never used to be a fan of eyeliner because I could never get it right and so it would always look like I had a black eye but then I decided to try out wearing brown eyeliner and this worked so well for me and since I have been using the Rimmel london scandaleyes gel liner I have found it so, so much easier to do and it's a lot quicker as well. The shade I am using is 002 brown and I find that it suits me much better than when I wear black liner. It never smudges and normally lasts the whole day so I have been wearing this every day in April. 

-Rimmel london scandaleyes eye shadow stick in the shade 015 trespassing taupe, £4.94 - Another scandaleyes  product that I have been loving is the eye shadow stick in 015 trespassing taupe, I have been putting this all over my lid and then blending it as well as putting a eyeshadow on the top of it. By using this I find that it makes all of my eyemakeup stay on for longer and it doesn't fade away so quickly, I do find that this is what happens if I wear eyeshadow on its own so this product is really helpful. The only thing I find with this is that it is quite hard to blend so you have to be relatively quick so that you can blend it out. 

-Tanya Burr lip gloss in the shade champagne toast, £6.99 superdrug. - I am in love with the Tanya Burr lip glosses, I have two of them, picnic in the park and champagne toast but my clear fave this month has been champagne toast. This is because it adds shine and shimmer to my lips and makes them look glossy but doesn't add all too much color which is nice as lately I have been trying to be more creative with my makeup by wearing eye shadow shades that I wouldn't normally wear. 

- Essence quattro eye shadow, 14 magenta and me!- As I have just said I am trying to be more inventive with my make up so I have been doing so by wearing the lighter purple shade from this little quad.The white is a shade that I have also been wearing and I like to put this in the corner of my eye and then more into a gold toned eyeshadow and then put the purple in the outside of my eyelid to smoke it out and also in the crease. These eye shadows are long lasting and very pigmented with a lot of shimmer. (If you haven't guessed by now I am quite the fan of shimmer and glitter for my make up.)

Toni and Guy prep leave in conditioner, £6.99 from superdrug- When the weather keeps changing (and it does in the Britain a lot) my hair can become really damaged, dry and tangled so it makes it really difficult to make look presentable. Recently I have been using the Toni and Guy prep leave in conditioner and I have found it to be a real help. This product makes it so much easier to brush through after the shower. The product is meant for manageability and frizz control and it does make my hair a lot more manageable. The only thing I would say is that it is quite expensive for a 15 year old to buy so I think when I run out I might have to ask mum to buy me some more, however the product has lasted me from christmas and I still have just under half left so it definitely goes a long way. I will put a hazelnut size blob of the conditioner in the palm of my hand and rub it in to the mid lengths and ends of wet hair and then brush it through with the comb to get rid of any knots or tangles and all before drying it. 

Coconut oil - Coconut oil has been something I have been using quite frequently over the past week or two. I have been using this for two purposes, the first one for my hair. Using coconut oil in your hair is meant to help soften it and make it look healthier, this is the reason why I put it in my hair over night. Every so often I like to put a little bit of coconut oil in the ends of my hair and leave it over night, I leave my hair to go greasy for a day or two (over the week end when I know I'm not going out) and then putting the coconut oil in the bottoms, brushing all the tangles out and the putting it up for the night. (It's best to sleep on a towel or old pillow case just incase it gets ruined) then the next day I will give it a good wash to get it out and as a result it will make my hair look a whole lot healthier. The second reason I use it is for my feet, I have very dry skin on the bottoms of my feet so after using the scholl velvet express pedi hard skin remover i will pop on some coconut oil and then put some fluffy socks on before I go to bed. 

Alrighty, thats everything I have been loving this month. 
Goodbye, Makeup Wonderland x



No comments:

Post a Comment