Friday 5 June 2015

Body Image- Be body confident!

Hi everyone,
Earlier today I read an article about Megan Trainor and body image and it got me thinking. The article was saying that in her song "all about that bass" she spreads a bad message about body size. As a thinner girl I do sometimes feel insecure about my weight when people make comments about my weight such as "you look like a stick" and "Do you eat, because it doesn't look like it?" These comments are unkind but everyone gets them weather they are thin or curvy. 
In Megan's song it does say some things that thinner girls, like my self could find offensive, for example it says "skinny bitches" and this gives us the impression that we should all have curves and should be ashamed to have a thin figure but this is not the case if you have a petite figure, like me, you should be proud and the same if you have curves. As long as your aren't unhealthy  then you should be happy with what you look like. 
I do like this song but is it sending the right message out to teenagers who are already confused about what they should look like? Let me know what your view on this and I will talk to you again next time. 
P.S this is a little link to the blog that inspired me to write this. 
https://ambitiouslyliving.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/why-i-will-never-respect-meghan-trainor/ 

I know this is a little shorter than normal but that is what I think about that song and I wanted to say whatever your size it doesn't matter as long as you are happy and healthy with your own body image then what ever it says in a song shouldn't influence us, but it does. So thank you for reading and ill see you again soon, 
Good bye Makeup Wonderland x 



No comments:

Post a Comment